The complaint intake process is a critical part of every program to prevent and correct sexual harassment or other employee misconduct. It is also an important part of adhering to federal law, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Unfortunately, the process of receiving complaints is often one of the weakest systems in the employee relations area, often exposing the organization to significant liability. EP Advisors’ Employee Hotline Program provides an inexpensive and effective supplement to the traditional reporting process to prevent and address problems in the workplace.
The benefits of using EP Advisors’ Employee Hotline Program Include:
- Employees feel comfortable reporting problems to a third-party and are more likely to make a complaint when there is a problem and are more likely to make a complaint early.
- An expert handles the complaint from the beginning. EPA Hotline calls are assigned to professional attorney-consultants who have handled countless investigations and complaint intakes and know what questions to ask and which ones to avoid.
- The organization receives critical information, immediately. EPA directs the intake information to the appropriate person within the client’s organization, whether that is human resources, in-house counsel or an outside attorney. The information is conveyed via written report and/or a phone call based on the customized instructions provided by the client.
- EP Advisors’ position on the facts is neutral, allowing the organization a more accurate picture of the problem, if there is one.
We have experience with all types of complaints, including:
- Sexual harassment
- Race, gender, national origin and all other types of harassment
- Whistleblower concerns
- Violence in the workplace